You will no doubt be aware that the University has announced a three week reading week from Tuesday 17th of March, with a view to move to online teaching after Easter. The government has also requested that everyone who can work from home, does so.
The wellbeing of our members and staff continues to be our top priority and following the decision to stop face-to-face appointments in our Advice Centre last week, we are making some further changes to how our services will be offered. These changes will remain in effect until after the Easter break, when we will carry out a further review of our services.
Given the current situation, we feel bringing large groups of people together is not appropriate and instead we will be looking to run a series of online activities that enable you to come together as a community. Keep an eye on social media for announcements about this.
- All on-campus, Union-organised events have been cancelled or postponed from today, until 20th April at the earliest. Where possible, these events will be rescheduled for later on in the term and further details will be released via social media.
- Society activity has been cancelled indefinitely. All society committee members will have received an update on this but unfortunately this means no end of year shows will be taking place this term. We appreciate how disappointing this is, and we are as gutted as you are!
- We have already taken the decision to stop face-to-face Advice appointments and so these will continue to be carried out via phone or email. To access advice please email email@example.com, with a summary of the issue, your name and student number. An advisor will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Our Advice Team are understandably very busy so please keep checking the university’s FAQs as these are being updated regularly and might help you with your issue.
- Our physical offices are closed until further notice but if you need to speak to someone in the Union you can use one of the following email addresses:
We recognise that these are exceptional and uncertain times for all of us, and the Union remains available to support all students. We are continuing to work alongside the University to ensure that you receive the information you need to make informed decisions. We will be asking that the University issues regular updates on progress to students, and we ourselves will be updating our information as the situation progresses. We would encourage you to continue talking to one another and checking in on each other as much as possible.