We know that food shopping in a lockdown can be stressful - mainly thanks to people stockpiling bags of pasta and toilet roll. Firstly, please please don’t be that person!
We’ve teamed up with Gather & Gather (the University catering team who run Food at Brookes) to bring you some quick and simple meal kits. They’re a bit like the various subscription meal kit boxes you can get - you'll get all the ingredients you need for the meal alongside a recipe card. If you're fed up of cooking the same three meals on rotation, these are a great way to try out some different recipes. You can buy just one meal kit or you could stock up for the week ahead.
You'll be able to pick up the meal kits from the Deli from Mondays - Fridays.
The menu for week commencing 16th Nov is:
All Simply meals are £4 each.
We’ve partnered with 001 Taxis to offer a contact-free delivery service, where you can get your shopping or prescriptions collected and delivered directly to your door.
Once you've downloaded the app (you can only access it this way):
1.Enter your home or delivery address, as the destination.
2. Select your store, newsagents, chemist as the Pickup Address (i.e. where you have bought your items from).
3. Select the new 'Grocery Delivery' vehicle.
4. You will be asked to enter your order number and pickup time (Make sure to include any information that the driver will need when collecting your items).
5. Confirm your booking and you'll get an ETA.
6. Your driver will place your order outside your door and wait nearby for you to collect it.
More Oxford Brookes Students' Union Articles