Idea

More Microwaves at Marston Road

by NATASHA MAY BOJANOWSKI 07 March 2018, 12:28

Category: Facilities

Voting closed

UPDATE:

With the agreement of the staff at Marston Road campus, Brookes Union purchased and installed another new microwave for the student kitchen at Marston Road.

We are also working with the staff at Gipsy Lane to bring a similar provision - that is, a small kitchen with sinks and microwaves - to the JHBB in future as well.

-------------------------------------------------------

Likes
0 Dislikes
Microwave

There are currently only two microwaves in the student common room and students can be waiting a good 20 minutes if not more to warm their food for lunch.

There is space to install more microwaves so I would like to request more microwaves to be installed, probably another two minimum.

This would reduce queuing time and enable students to get a better break which should refresh them more for afternoon sessions!

Comments

• Default avatar
    Louise Matthews   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 16:39

Sometimes I have only just heated my food when it is time to return to my lectures.

• Default avatar
    Emma Smyth   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 18:33

I haven’t even attempted to use the microwave because the queues are so long. If there were more microwaves available then this would definitely improve the situation. Secondly, a plumbed hot water urn would also reduce queues waiting for kettles to boil. Thanks.

• Default avatar
    Deleted User   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 19:04

In addition to more microwaves - a must! It would also be nice to find a room to be used as a second common room so that students don’t find they have to sit on the floor in the corridors to eat their food.

• Default avatar
    Deleted User   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 20:30

more microwaves would be so bwm

• Default avatar
    Helen Hodges   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 22:04

Yes to more microwaves bu also a fridge tha works would be good and some more space to sit and chat rather than in the corridors

• Default avatar
    Deleted User   wrote, 14-03-2018 - 22:46

Microwaves are needed because of long queues I do end up buying expensive foods that they are selling in the Marston Road Restaurant. Even the food prices are exploitation to the highest order,I thought the foods are supposed to be cheap because of students but the prices are higher than Narks and Spencer foods.There is need to look into it too

• Default avatar
    Lucy Corner   wrote, 15-03-2018 - 10:28

I agree with more common space. I am often distracted in lectures by people talking and laughing in the corridors. It can also be a trip hazard for people walking in the corridors as there are bags and people obstructing the passage.

• Default avatar