Thanks for your interest in joining our team.
You'll love it, trust us. We're a fast-paced dynamic organisation that represents the students of Oxford Brookes University. We run a range of services for students, including societies, events, advice, safety bus and representation.
We’re looking for a team of friendly and enthusiastic students to help ease new students into life at Brookes. You’ll provide a warm welcome to halls and campus.
Duties may include:
- Guiding new students and their families to specific places on campus, including helping them find their halls, bus stops and routes to campus;
- Assist students moving into accommodation: may involve moving their belongings (manual handling), helping students locate their accommodation;
- Act as an ambassador for Brookes Union and Oxford Brookes when engaging with new students;
- Being a positive and welcoming presence;
- Attendance at Arrivals weekend BBQ events to help facilitate networking among new students
- Develop and use teamwork skills, communication, problem solving and time management;
- Make a positive difference to students’ lives and community;
- Opportunity to meet new people and have fun
You don’t need any previous experience, but you do need to be:
- Positive, friendly, welcoming and enthusiastic;
- A team player;
- Available during arrivals weekend and Freshers’ Week (15th - 23rd September);
- Available to sign up to at least three shifts and attend a brief training session. (Please note training will take place in the week before Freshers’ Week.)
- A currently enrolled Brookes students, in your second year or beyond
View the job description here.
To apply, please complete this form.